Unvented Hot Water Systems
This course is aimed at experienced plumbing and heating operatives who require a qualification in the installation, servicing and maintenance of unvented hot water systems from 15 to 500 litres.
Course content: -
- Regulations, standards and guidelines
- Theory of understanding of expansion of hot water
- Principles of HW storage
- Design considerations
- Components and function
- Safety controls, discharge and integration
- Installation of unvented HW cylinders
- Maintenance and servicing of unvented HW systems
- Health and safety considerations
The candidate should be: -
- Experienced in the installation of domestic cold and hot water systems.
- Hold one DCLG recognised competency in a conventional fuel i.e. gas, oil or solid fuel;
- Or for those in the plumbing field an NVQ level 2 or equivalent plumbing qualification or experience.
A basic knowledge of the Water (fittings) regulations is also desirable.
- Training: ½ Day
- Assessment: ½ Day
Re-Assessment Domestic Core + Appliances costs cover up to 4 Appliances. If further appliances are to be renewed, a charge of £ 80 per appliance will be incurred.
Additional appliances (not previously held) will be charged at £ 145 each.
Registration Fees: In some instances registration fees will not be included.
Current rates: Domestic £65, Non- Domestic £85, Unvented Hot Water £40, LPG £45, OFTEC £45
All prices are subject to Vat @ 20 %
Please note that training is not a pre requisite to assessment